ORIGINAL ENTRY: http://nyanderguard311.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-284.html
ORIGINAL AUTHOR: Nyander Guard Staff
Title: Taking a Walk
- Rika-kun made lots of appearances in my lengthy cherry blossom entries, but lately he hasn’t shown up on this blog!
- I haven’t been watching TV so I’m not sure but are we in rainy season already?
- When it rains, Rika-kun gets so dirty!
- But because he’s a hunting dog, his fur dries so quickly and looks gorgeous!
- A bunch of weeds are sprouting up near the dam, and at first they looked a bit pretty, but I realize that they’re poisonous to plants. They spread like a field and can grow like a tree!
- For the first time in a while, here’s Shuwa-kun! He’s getting old but is still so energetic!
- Honeysuckle bloom alongside the road, and I always feel happy to see these strong-scented flowers. They’re foreign flowers used for herbal teas and potpourri.
- So many of the nostalgic Japanese flowers of my youth are becoming rarer sights because a long time ago it was not illegal to bring in non-native plants.
- But these flowers, though beautiful, are classified as invasive species and tend to spread over wide areas. Now this practice is limited, but I miss seeing Japanese dandelions…