ORIGINAL ENTRY: http://nyanderguard311.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-297.html
ORIGINAL AUTHOR: Nyander Guard Staff
- A little while ago we found someone in Namie Town that may have been Comet’s owner, but he’s not very friendly so I was doubtful.
- They visited the shelter and said that their pet cat was a girl, so it could be Comet.
- Wait. Wait– wait? Comet’s… a girl, right? I double checked all our information, and confirmed with staff, and… yep, Comet’s a boy(^_^;)
- Comet-san transferred to our organization and when we took him in we thought he was a girl.
- Usually stray cats that have been spayed or neutered have clipped ears, but this wasn’t the case with Comet.
- Comet is currently roaming the room freely, coexisting with Kanna and Tsumu.
- He isn’t friendly with humans yet, but he’s still become such a good boy.
- He was a little one fighting to survive in Futaba Town. We’d like to find him a home before he gets too old, but it’ll be a bit difficult.
- This year we’ve had two pet owners come looking for their pet cats from the time of the disaster.
- Compared to last year, this number has dropped significantly.
- It’s been six years since the disaster, and most people have given up. They’ve started new lives, and gotten new pets.
- There’s nothing wrong with raising another pet, but how many of those people have prepared enough to prevent this from happening again?
- Pets are family. But I don’t know how many people believe this.
- I can’t help but feel the lack of love and care for animals in Fukushima.